As more business is done in the cloud and BYOD initiatives, data leakage is becoming a critical challenge for many enterprises. For example, if a company accidentally leaks a customer’s private information, such as Social Security and credit card numbers, that leakage can create legal liabilities and lead to financial losses.
To ensure data security, several companies have already deployed data loss prevention (DLP) point products at their corporate headquarters, but these products miss traffic from remote offices and mobile users. In addition, it only takes two clicks for an employee to send a Gmail that is SSL encrypted and bypasses traditional data loss prevention (DLP) products.
To be effective, DLP technology requires full content scanning and inspection, without introducing any latency to the user experience, something traditional appliances don’t do.
Zscaler Enforces Compliance Policy
Zscaler’s DLP solution leverages our Security Cloud, designed from the ground up for ultra high performance with near-zero latency. Zscaler provides full inspection of all Internet traffic leaving the organization.
Specifically, Zscaler protects organizations with two types of DLP:
- Regulatory compliance by state or federal governments, or other standards bodies, often pertains to personal or private consumer information. Examples include regulations such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), GLBA, PCI, or SOX.
- Company sensitive information that may include sales data, pricing information, or intellectual property such as source code.
Granular Policy and Multiple Detection Technologies
In addition to the pre-defined lexicons and categories provided by Zscaler, enterprises can define custom dictionaries. Policy violation is detected by proprietary technologies:
- Sophisticated algorithms detect the leakage of credit card and Social Security numbers without false positives.
- Advanced self-learning algorithms create dictionaries for the leakage of source code, financial statements and Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Pattern matching engines evaluate data based on the weighted scores of various phrases.
More and more Internet applications are SSL encrypted, and require SSL inspection in order to provide effective DLP. Zscaler enables organizations to define a policy to decrypt selected SSL applications to detect and block compliance violations.
Benefits: Accurate Detection & Easy of Deployment
Zscaler provides an integrated DLP solution for comprehensive data security and control. Our technologies allow us to have the highest accuracy of detection while minimizing false positives without introducing latency. Finally, deployment takes hours rather than weeks.
Leverages Zscaler’s Security Cloud
Zscaler’s DLP application leverages the full power of the Zscaler Security Cloud.